Some tips for maintaining a healthy relationship
1. Actively listen to your partner. Listening is essential to a happy and healthy relationship; if you want to be heard, it’s important for you to listen as well.
2. Set aside time for the two of you, even if it’s only a couple of minutes. So often we become busy and forget about the little things, but the little things are the foundation for the bigger picture, so make time for yourself and your partner to enjoy each other’s company, even if it’s only for a minute.
3. Find a hobby that interests both of you. Maybe take an evening class together, or try out yoga, hiking, or biking; something that both of you enjoy doing, and do it together!
4. Share your thoughts with your partner. Keeping secrets will not only hurt your relationship and your partner, but it can hurt you as well. Keeping secrets creates a distance between the two of you, so fill that gap by expressing yourself!
5. Make love. Making love can help to repair your bond as a couple. It releases the hormone oxytocin, which is involved in trust and boding.
6. Try going to therapy. It can be hard, but it could save your relationship. Many couples believe that if they can’t work it out the relationship isn’t mean to be. Try talking to a non-biased professional that the both of you are comfortable with before giving up. When couples counseling fails it is usually because the couple waited too long to go to therapy.